The Complete Shaving Kit from Dr K has everything you need for a close, comfortable and luxurious shave. All packaged in a neat and attractive fitted gift box.
Preshave (Shaving Oil):
- Formulated with all natural ingredients, Dr K's super-smooth and nourishing Shaving Oil contains Apricot Kernel Oil for beard softening while Castor Oil provides cushion and lubrication for the shaving process. Vitamin E soothes and revitalizes the skin underneath. Peppermint Oil invigorates and prepares the skin for shaving.
Shave (Shaving Soap, Shaving Brush, Shaving Bowl):
- Dr K's Peppermint Shaving Soap is made using only natural ingredients, and produces a fine, long lasting lather with good razor slip and after-shave conditioning qualities. Peppermint essential oil invigorates and cools the skin and leave it feeling smooth and fresh.
- The included natural badger hair shaving brush with black wooden hand-painted handle is far superior to bristle (boar) brushes, offering unbeatable durability, water retention and softness. This brush has a large knot size (20mm) which results in great lather.
- The included durable melamine shaving bowl is the perfect size for Dr K's shaving soaps.
Aftershave (Aftershave Balm):
- Dr K's Cool Mint Aftershave Balm contains coconut oil, apricot kernel oil and shea butter for potent moisturization while Vitamin E and Peppermint Essential Oil soothe and revitalize the skin after shaving.
Shaving Oil: 50ml (1.7 fl.oz), Shaving Soap: 70g (2.5 oz), Aftershave Balm: 70g (2.5 oz).
Shaving Brush Dimensions: 10x3x3cm
Gift Box Dimensions: 25x20x7cm (Closed)
No artificial colours, fragrances or preservatives. Handmade in Ireland.
Shaving Oil: Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Castor (Ricinus Communis) Seed Oil, Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) Oil, *Limonene, *Linalool – *Occur naturally in essential oils
Peppermint Shaving Soap: Sodium/Potassium Shea Butterate, Sodium/Potassium Castorate, Sodium/Potassium Palmate, Sodium/Potassium Stearate, Sodium/Potassium Cocoa Butterate, Sodium/Potassium Cocoate, Vegetable Glycerin, Bentonite Clay, Sucrose, Peppermint (Mentha piperita) Oil, *Limonene, *Linalool – *Occur naturally in essential oils
Cool Mint Aftershave Balm: Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) butter, Coconut (Cocos nucifera) Oil, Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Beeswax, Corn (Zea mays) starch, Peppermint (Mentha piperita) Oil, Vitamin E (Tocopherol), *Limonene, *Linalool - *occur naturally in essential oil
I have coarse, dark facial hair and fairly sensitive skin. Shaving has always been problematic -- my dermatologist suggested either electrolysis or growing a beard to avoid razor bumps and irritiation. I've tried various products at different price points like Kiehl's, Gillette, Rituals and REN but without a doubt, this combo has made a huge difference to my whole shaving experience. It does take much longer, admittedly, but I frame it as an exercise in mindfulness or being present every morning. The scents are amazing, too. Fresh, clean but subtle. More instructions would have been helpful - I find it hard to get a lather on my face directly as suggested so I use another small bowl.... but online has lots of resources to compensate for that. I also like that there's much less waste with shaving soap. However, I would prefer if the oil and balm were in glass packaging rather than plastic (especially since the balm container would be a good size for re-use when it's empty). Will definitely repeat the purchase and recommend to friends.
For me: The shaving oil is my latest & greatest find! Thank you, so much better to shave legs with it than any other application. I have stolen my son's & should probably replace it! For my son: The shaving kit has been a great experience to get him going with the razar & he is REALLY happy with his first experience using shaving soap & brush. Thank you, will be buying more goodies :)